Wednesday, October 21, 2009

With all of the paperwork done, waiting for the court date is next. And planning for travel. I really want to go to Lithuania prepared to stay until I can bring her home. With Lithuania, that could be a couple of weeks (if the second court date is waived) or a couple of months (if it's not). As I looked at the financial piece last night, I'm not sure I can afford to stay in Lithuania for the 40 day wait period between hearings. But I can't imagine having Greta with me then having to leave her behind in the orphanage. I know other families have been through this and it's all been okay. I'm applying for adoption grants. If they come through it will make staying much more financially feasible.
I keep telling myself...One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment