Thursday, January 21, 2010

I thought I would have posted by now! It seems as though every free moment we are sleeping! It's 1:30 am here and I'm awake, so I thought I'd catch up a little. Pictures will have to come a little later.

We were able to spend several hours with Greta today (yesterday?). She was very timid when meeting us, but I expected that. She would have gone straight to Robert if the Directress had not sent her to me. I tried not to rush her. I hope the Directress didn't take that as me not being excited. I had taken a small stuffed horse to give her. I think that was a good distraction for her. She sat in my lap and looked down at the horse, then I'd notice that she was looking at me out of the corners of her eyes. When I noticed, she smiled.

She has every bit of the personality that her picture indicates! She smiles a lot. I love watching her play with Robert. She's good at pushing him around already!

When we were getting ready to leave, she thought she was going with us and started putting on her snowsuit. I wanted her to come with us too! She handled it well when the caregivers explained to her that she wasn't going yet.

I'm going to check e-mails and try to go back to sleep. We'll post pictures before leaving for the orphanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment