Friday, January 22, 2010





Robert and Greta were fast
buddies! The pictures of our first meeting will come soon. They are on Robert's camera and he is taking a nap. Greta wears him out! She can't get enough of him tossing her, lifting her, spinning her around, etc. She tried to lift him this morning!
She loudly declares "mano mama" and "mano brolis" to anyone who comes near us - that's my mama and my brother. She smiles when I reply with "mano Greta".
We are having so much fun with her. She walks with determination! She seems to like puzzles. The giggling doll I sent is not her favorite toy! Anything with buttons is a hit though. She also likes the small stuffed horse that we brought.
The orphanage is much different than I expected. It is bright and cheerful. Much like our day care centers. She is in a group of 8, all of the others except 1 are boys. There's one that she obviously doesn't like and another that seems to be her best friend. She definitely knows how to express her opinions, regardless of language barriers!

2 comments:

  1. Greta is adorable! That's so sweet that she says mano mama & mano brolis. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are oohing and ahhing here at the office. She is a doll baby and I'm so glad she has the personality we thought she had. I can't wait to hold her!!! Robert is a natural...post pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete