Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We have arrived in Vilnius and are settled in our home for the next few days. We were surprised by having internet access in our apartment. It's a nice apartment and warm - which is nice considering it's -2 F outside.

I'm still amazed at Dr. Genyte and the orphanage that has been Greta's home. Dr. Genyte told me that after court she will give me a CD of pictures of Greta since she was an infant. She keeps a scrap book of each child that has been adopted from the "baby house" - at least of the ones she receives pictures of. I am committed to sending her pictures (and donations) in the coming years. This woman makes quite a difference in many children's lives.

Robert and I enjoyed our time with Elona this evening. She is a great lady. She has taken such good care of us on this trip.

It's getting close to midnight so I'm going to get off. Tomorrow is the meeting with Egle, our attorney.

2 comments:

  1. I know that everything will go smoothly and I will definitely be thinking of you. I love you and you continue to amaze me at what a wonderful and strong woman you are. I know Greta will have a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you'll have baby pictures of Greta! We only have from about age 7, but that's half of Ingrida's life, so we're lucky to have that much. I know how nervous you must be about court, but it'll be over before you know it, & I know it will all turn out fine. I'll keep praying for things to go smoothly for you all.

    ReplyDelete