Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today is the first day I have felt "normal" since we've been here. I slept well last night. Our visits are going very well. We are having a lot of time alone with Greta. She has enjoyed play dough. She squeezes it between her fingers. She tries to figure out how I make logs with it. She'll make a ball with it and toss it in the air (copying her brother). We have also been having fun with bubbles. She has a picture book that she enjoys. Robert will point to the picture and she will push the button with the same picture that says the word. So far the only English she has said has been to copy me when I said "goodness gracious!" - after she splashed water all over the bathroom and herself (I'm going to have to learn to move faster again!). Greta has a sense of humor. She likes to tease and she laughs easily. There have been very few tears so far. I know she starts missing her group after a while. Although I want to spend every minute I can with her, I also want her to be comfortable. So we're taking it slowly. As much as I would have been happy to take her with me the first day, I know this process is much better for her. I am still excited and nervous!

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, she is just beautiful. I'm SO HAPPY for you all. I know she will LOVE her big brother. Ellie certainly loves hers!! You all are such a beautiful family. I'm so enjoying the photos and following along.

    ReplyDelete