Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A week from now I will be in Vilnius, Lithuania. The forecast is for a high of 22 and cloudy - not that much different from what our weather has been like here recently! Now if I can just keep my wits about me enough to get on the plane with all of the documents and "stuff" that I need. I got a little update on Greta today. Dr. Genyte, the orphanage director, said that Greta has been healthy all winter. The last update I had was from October. Dr. Genyte also said that Greta is only wearing diapers at night. I expect that there may be some regression in that department.

I have been so blessed to be getting to know the Brubakers. They live in Klaipeda and adopted 2 boys from the same baby house/orphanage as Greta. Have I already said this? Anyway...through their blog I have been able to get glimpses of the orphanage and to get an idea of what next week will be like - as far as the visits to the orphanage.

Now back to working on that list...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I did not know you were adopting. Can not wait to meet your beautiful daughter. We will be praying for you all.

    Doug, Robyn, Elijah and Sarah Schueler

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of you with your new daughter (o:

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robyn and Amy. I am so grateful for the support of my Bethany family. And, Amy, you are very much a part of the beginning of this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy, so glad ya'll made it safe and looking good.She is just so cute, and loves her "big bro". Just one of the most happiest times in your life , enjoy and know I am following your trip . Mary sent it so I could sign up and follow . So glad , this is exciting for us too. Thanks for keeping us in the loop . Joyce

    ReplyDelete