Monday, January 25, 2010

We had a wonderful visit with Greta this afternoon. We were able to watch her group in music class. Robert took some videos. I have been so impressed by the people who work at this orphanage. Greta has been more subdued today but she was happier this afternoon than this morning. We will visit with her tomorrow morning before leaving for Vilnius. We will return to Klaipeda on Friday, but I don't know what time yet. So I'm not sure if we'll pick her up on Friday or on Saturday. I'm not sure how much internet access we will have while we are in Vilnius. We will be staying at an apartment rather than a hotel, so we will probably have to go to a cafe to use the internet. As cold as it's been, we will probably not go if it is much of a walk! Wednesday we meet with the attorney and then we go to court on Thursday. I'll be so glad when we are through with court. I was reassured today when I found out that Dr. Genyte (orphange director) told Elona (our adoption worker here) that the visits were going well and that Greta understands as well as she can. I have a new appreciation for the fear adoptive parents have until their adoptions are finalized! I have been so afraid that we would do something to offend Dr. Genyte and she'd decide I shouldn't adopt Greta. Such an emotional roller coaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment